2016 EAST GREENWICH YACHT CLUB SUMMER SERIES
Management: East Greenwich Yacht Club (EGYC) is the organizing authority.
- Schedule: Warning signal for the first class on each circle will be as listed below. There will be a cookout on the deck at EGYC with daily awards presentation in the evening after racing.
2016 Summer Series
Preseason/Practice Race-May 18
Preseason/Practice Race-May 18
Series 1-May 25, June 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
Series 2- July 13, 20, 27, August 3, 10, 17
Ladies Race-August 24
- Rules: The races will be governed by the following:
- The Racing Rules of Sailing 2013-2016(RRS).
- The US Sailing Prescriptions to the RRS. These appear in the RRS published by US Sailing and can also be found on their web site www.ussailing.org
- Principles of PHRF of Narragansett Bay. (www.phrf-nb.org)
- This Notice of Race, the Sailing Instructions, and any amendments thereto. (Yacht Scoring)
- If there are any conflicts among these documents, the later one(s) in this list shall govern.
- Eligibility & Entry: The regattas are open to all mono-hull yachts with the following qualifications:
- Competitors must submit a valid 2016 PHRF-NB rating certificate.
- Eligible yachts must enter by submitting a Racing Registration form through the Yacht Scoring portal 5 days prior to the first race that yacht will participate in.
- Late registration may be accepted at the discretion of EGYC. No transactions will be allowed on the water! (Note: a valid rating certificate, and all fees and other required documentation must accompany late registrations.)
- There will be classes for spinnaker, non-spinnaker, and J22 OD.
- Racing Fees: Racing Registration fees are as follows:
- Summer Series 1 $50
- Summer Series 2 $50
- Ladies Race $No Charge
- Hornpipe or Hagglund race $20
- For all races $100 (Discount for all)
- The low point scoring system will be used with .75 scored for first place.
- The season and each series will be scored using average score of races started, based on the low point system of Appendix A.
- All races above those needed to qualify can be discarded.
- Series and Season qualifier is to start or rank as a starter in at least 60% of the races in the Series. Ties will be broken per Appendix A8.1 and A8.2.
- Trophies for each race and in each class will be awarded. Prize distribution will be as follows based on the number of boats that have registered in each class:
- Class size over 7 boats: Trophies to 1st , 2nd and 3rd places.
- Class Size 5 to 7: Trophies for 1st and 2nd place only.
- Class Size 3 to 4: Trophy for 1st place only.
- Daily prizes will also be awarded.
- Additional Information:
- The Sailing Instructions will be available online at Yacht Scoring. Copies will also be available from the EGYC office or by email from the RC Chair. Rendezvous areas and other pertinent information will be detailed in the Sailing Instructions for each race.
- As a condition of the participation of any yacht in any race or related activity sponsored or undertaken by the East Greenwich Yacht Club, the owner, helmsman and each crewmember agree that the safety of the yacht and her crew and the decision whether or not to start or continue to race is solely their responsibility, and each of them waives all claims which he or she, or any heir, representative, successor or assignee, may have against the East Greenwich Yacht Club, and its officers, trustees, members, committees, employees or agents, arising out of or in any way connected with participation in such race or activity. See rule 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after each race.
- Additional information can be obtained by calling the EGYC office at 401-884-7700 or faxing to 401-886-4353.